June 25, 2021

Numbers of Submarines Way Overrated

The article "Could America's Submarine Fleet be Surpassed by China?" by ANKUR KUNDU , for the Maritime Executive, overrates sheer numbers until the last paragraph.

But even when Ankur at last points out "But numbers aren’t the whole story." Ankur underrates a whole range of factors, including geography and non-submarine based ASW platforms, that give the USN a huge advantage over all other countries (eg. China, Russia, North Korea, India and US allies) that have a substantial number of submarines.

I'll publish a couple of articles on Monday and Tuesday on this topic.
--------------------------------

After receiving many emails I’ve decided to keep Submarine Matters a public free-view site for all. But I’m encouraging a donation of just A$50 (currently equivalent to US$38) from readers who wish to receive 12 Special Reports over the next 12 months.

That is, once you have expressed interest in another email to me I'll email an invoice to you. Once paid and using your email address I'll email you a Special Report on the 15th of each month. The first Report will be sent on July 15, 2021 with the final Report sent on June 15, 2022.

Enough donations will keep Submarine Matters going. 

I would be grateful if you could donate.

Have a good weekend.

Pete

No comments: