July 5, 2019

Pete's Foggy Friday Poetical Affirmations

THO I VOTED LABOR...

(Noting Bill "Shorty" Shorten, lost the May 2019 Australian Election. Hence "Shorty" was rapidly replaced, as Labor leader, by Anthony "Albo" Albanese.)

A blessing not to see Shorty's
Sad little face on TV

Shorten name
Short in luck
Feet with flippers

...Albo-lutely

Of Hawkie's funereal rapture
He was a man short in stature
But BIG in speedo
Ladies Lined up
Ta Luv’im y'know :)


ODES TO AN ARROGANT MAL-ACHIEVER

Here I sit good sense denied
Excess booze last night imbibed.

Here I sit good sense maintained
Booze last night, I refrained.


MY AUTOBIOGRAPHY would Begg-ineth
(with a hat tip to Eric Idle)

Life is like a flash 12 metre yacht on Sydney Harbour. It’s alright if you have one.
My life as a failed pessimist.
Of course I have my faults, but you won’t read about them here.
Writing about yourself is an odd mix of therapy and lapdancing; exciting yet a little shameful.
Pete

[Now Stop That! Stop That! This is all silly, indiscrete, and totally lacking in literary merit, OK?! Vee haff a gut mind to permanently delete it under the Read it, Burn it, Then put out our own eyes Act of  19?? ...OK?

But just don't tell anyone its no longer there. OK?!]

No comments: