July 7, 2026

10,000,000+ Pageviews :): Three song clips.

I'd like to thank all you readers, from every country, and agency, as well as Shawn C., Gessler and Karthik, for contributing to Submarine & Nuclear Matters.

Please scroll 1/10th down the right sidebar and you'll see "Total Pageviews". Its now 10,000,000+ . That is the tally for about 1/3rd, or 6 years, of the blog's 19 year existence.

In celebration I now feature three favourite video clips:


From Ethan Gontar's video site. Those were the days. Pete has no grandkids - yet!
---




Composed and performed by Mason Williams, Classical Gas, 1968. Pete first heard this at a NASA presentation, as a Saturn V rocket flew, in the US, 1976.
---



Thanks to Gessler for choosing the above video Loreena McKennitt's   The Mummers' Dance See Loreena McKeenitt's comprehensive description of the song and dance's significance by clicking here then on "LINER NOTES  more". Also see.
---

I'll continue to write about submarines and many things.

Cheers Pete

6 comments:

Shawn C said...

Cheers Mate
https://youtu.be/8slnEps-4s8?si=V-p1KQat0KSDoIEG

Pete2 said...

Thanks Shawn

And now a Naval Band's' dedication to those RN Admirals who step aboard their subs in dock https://youtu.be/Kfao1s3Tiek?si=aVhtRp-DaCnq28D0

Cheers Pete

Gessler said...

That's great to hear, Pete!

Congratulations on reaching the milestone. It doesn't come easy and being a reader of this blog for several years, I've seen the sustained effort you've put into it over the years (decades, actually).

Looking forward to much more SubMatts content!

As we seem to be in a musical mood, I'm sharing a song that I only heard for the first time a few months ago but has quickly become one of my favourites:

https://youtu.be/qxTpvA-pUG0

Cheers,
Gessler

Pete2 said...

Thanks Gessler

You are are valued SubMatts writer.

Thanks for Loreena McKennitt's "The Mummers' Dance" at https://youtu.be/qxTpvA-pUG0 . I've added it to the songs above.

I'll be watching the Wimbledon Women's final soon. I think a Czech lady is sure to win :)

Cheers Pete

Pete2 said...

Hi Gessler

Thanks for Loreena McKennitt's "The Mummers' Dance" at https://youtu.be/qxTpvA-pUG0 . I've added it to the songs above.

And thanks for continuing to write at SubMatts :)

Cheers Pete

Gessler said...

Thank you for the kind words, Pete!