The Walrus class hull above (diagram from Blueprints) may be only slightly modified for a replacement submarine. If there is some Swedish design influence in the replacement might it look more in the direction of the Collins (below)(diagram courtesy The Lead South Australia)?
- Germany by TKMS-HDW. Although TKMS builds far smaller subs, and/or
The “Golden Triangle” refer to collaboration between the government (including the Dutch navy) with industry and knowledge institutes (eg. universities and engineering bureaus).
The Dutch Parliament should make “a final decision in 2018” on the expensive future submarine purchase.
operate in such different salt-temperature environments as the Baltic Sea and Red Sea.
- Technically at the level of 2025;
- As quiet as other submarines in 2025;
- Ample space for special forces with their equipment;
- More room for crew members;
- A means/weapon for warning shots (torpedos not useful, of course);
- Weapons against helicopters;
- SLCMs against ships and land (not Tomahawk or other long distance SLCM);
- Internet [or more broadly communications?] above and below water;
- A real galley space and no food fit only for microwave ovens;
- Technology should be compatible with the above-water ships;
- Suitable for mixed crewing, ie. men and women.