Chinese Ming class, Type 035 SSK, also may be upgraded to mount the Russian supplied Klub-S land attack missile. Similar to those fired by Russia at Islamic State targets in Syria.
"China will build in Karachi four of eight submarines that it is selling to Pakistan.
A training centre would be set up in Karachi for this purpose.
HISTORY OF THE CHINA-PAKISTAN SUBMARINE DEAL
Tough negotiations between Pakistan and China have continued for almost a decade but have now been completed.
- March 9, 2011 The Hindu “Pak plans to acquire 6 submarines from China”
- March 1, 2014 Times of India story
- March 31, 2015 Dawn article "ISLAMABAD: Naval officials informed the Standing Committee on Defence Monday that the federal government has endorsed a summary to get eight submarines from China.".
- April 2, 2015 Reuters article - - Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has approved a deal years in the making to buy eight submarines from China. A Pakistani government official said on Thursday, in what could be one of China's largest overseas weapons sales once it is signed. The official...said the deal to buy the diesel-electric submarines would likely be signed by Chinese President Xi Jinping when he visits.
- April 2015 Chinese President Xi Jinping visited Pakistan and a special agreement negotiated.
- October 16, 2015 Chinese journalists quote Pakistani officials who are talking up the possibility of a China-Pakistan submarine deal. The article written by Qian Feng, councillor of the Chinese Association for South Asian Studies, quotes Pakistan Federal Minister for Defence Production, Rana Tanveer Hussain's announcement about the submarine deal with China, which Beijing or its official media is yet to officially confirm.